Monday, January 02, 2017

THE FABULOUS MS NANCY WILSON

Beneath the Spin * Eric L. Wattree

THE FABULOUS MS NANCY WILSON
.

.
The video above was a share from Roslyn Russell and Perman Wilson on FaceBook, and it made my eyes moist, not only because of the beautiful message it sends, but because of what this great lady represents. When I listened to it the years melted away and the memories began to flood in on how the beauty, grace, and excellence of this fabulous lady has enhanced my life over the years. 
.
The first time I heard Nancy Wilson it was on an album that my mother bought called “Nancy Wilson and Cannoball Adderly.”  When my mother played it I was on my way outside to play, but when the bittersweet passion of Nancy's flawless voice filled our livingroom, it stopped me dead in my tracks, even though I was a mere child of 11 years old at the time. I sat down and listened to the entire album - including the alternating tracks of Cannonball’s group doing instrumentals.
.

.
When the album was done I went to look at the album cover to see who this supremely talented lady was.  Then when I picked up the album and laid eyes on her, I instantly fell madly in love, and even though she’ll be turning 80 years old in February, it’s a love affair that I still haven’t managed to overcome.
.

.
For me Nancy was, and is, the embodiment of the perfect woman. She’s the reason that I’ve always loved women, and over the years it’s turned out that all of my best friends are woman, because for me, they all have some element of Nancy Wilson in them. Nancy’s beauty, eloquence and class helped to put me in touch with a part of myself that many men don't like to visit due to our predatory nature. Yes, we love women, but our outlook is often very superficial - we like what they look like and what we can do to, and with them, but we often don’t see them as real human beings with the same needs and desires that we have in life.  But Nancy gave me an affinity for women, and helped me to view reality through their eyes. She opened a door to their world that gave me a unique view of the beauty, tenderness, and strength that women have to offer.  And listening to her lush and sophisticated serenades over the years helped me to understand very early in life that there was nothing “soft” or “unmanly” about walking through that door and joining them in their world - a world of children, love, and sincerity.  She taught me to trade in machismo for passion, and as a direct result, I’ve enjoyed a life of maturity, tenderness, and pure romantic joy.
.
.
THANK YOU, NANCY, FOR REMINDING US THAT MUSIC IS NOT JUST ABOUT WEALTH AND FAME, IT'S ALSO ABOUT LIFE, AND THE LEGACY THAT WE LEAVE BEHIND.
.
.
MS NANCY WILSON

A demure little Black girl from Chillicothe, Ohio
who showed the world how it's suppose to be done
.

.
THANK YOU, NANCY

Eric L. Wattree
Http://wattree.blogspot.com
Ewattree@Gmail.com
Citizens Against Reckless Middle-Class Abuse (CARMA)
.
Religious bigotry: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does.

Sphere: Related Content