Thursday, March 15, 2018

FACEBOOK MUST STOP BLOCKING BLACK HISTORY

Beneath the Spin * Eric L. Wattree

FACEBOOK MUST STOP BLOCKING BLACK HISTORY
.
HOW IS POSTING BLACK HISTORY ANY DIFFERENT FROM POSTING PHOTOS AND NARRATIVES OF THE HOLOCAUST?

.
A MESSAGE TO FACEBOOK
.
I'm writing you about what I consider a freedom of speech issue on Facebook.  I'm a journalist, and granted, I tend to broach subjects that are considered taboo by many, but they're factual and not unnecessarily provocative.  They simply address issues in a forthright manner that many don't want to face. I posted one such piece today, and I've been blocked from posting for 30 days. 
.
This is having a chilling impact on my honest attempt to provide the Black community with badly needed information that needs to be addressed.  How can Black youth and the community be informed of their history if the horrors of that history has been deemed so horrendous that it cannot be shared in a public forum? That’s exactly what’s going on here, and what's been going on in America for the past 400 years. That's why Black history is only understood by the American people on a very superficial level.  I am not a wild-eyed radical revolutionary; I’m simply an educated Black man dedicated to the proposition that American progress must be based on unobstructed truth.
.
Facebook Community Standards specifically states, “Sometimes we will allow content if newsworthy, significant or important to the public interest – even if it might otherwise violate our standards. Because of the diversity of our global community, please keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our Community Standards.” So I need your help here in reversing an action that I truly believe constitutes the denial of free speech as a primary component of institutional racism.  Please review the following post and correct this gross assault on knowledge, education, and history.
.
So I need your help here in reversing an action that I truly believe constitutes the denial of free speech as a primary component of institutional racism.  Please review the following post and correct this gross assault on knowledge, education, and history.
.
I'd like to thank you in advance for your assistance.
.
(A new ticket was created. Ticket ID is: LTK121940167930248X)

.
Eric L. Wattree

BLACK PEOPLE:
GOD WILL NOT SEND YOU TO HELL FOR THINKING FOR YOURSELF
.
When I discuss religion it has nothing to do with God.  I'm a political writer, so I'm discussing religion as a political issue. Religious manipulation is holding Black people down, and it always has, because its primary tenets are not to think, to have unwavering faith in what you’re told, and to let the White man have this world, and you’ll get what's due you when you die. That's the biggest lie ever told, so I simply feel that it’s time we bring this nonsense out in the open and re-take control of our own minds. Black people are not stupid, but due to our ridiculous fear of “going to Hell” for thinking for ourselves, we're acting like it.
.
Slaves, Obey Your Earthly Masters:
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart."

- Colossians 3:22-24

.
THE CONVERSION
.
"Come here nigga and let me teach yo crazy, animal ass about the Lord.
The first thing you got to learn is to Love thy Neighbor . . .
especially me."
.
"Yes sir, Massa. Why would anybody not love you, Sir? You so good to
me, Massa. Anybody don't love you needs to have dey ass beat real
good, Massa."
.
"Shut up, nigga. I'm talkin'."
.
"Listen, you been blessed already, and you don't even know the Lord.
The Lord made it where you don't have to worry 'bout a thing. I feed
you, I put clothes on yo nasty ass, and I give you a shed to sleep in,
and all you have to do is whatever the hell I tell you to. Do you know
how blessed you are?"
.
"Oh, indeed I do, Massa. You take good care of me. I's so happy."
.
"Now, listen real good 'cause dis impotant. God said, thou shalt not
steal from me, thou shalt not kill (unless I tell you to), thou shalt
not stick another coon's wife (unless we tryin' to make some mo
niggas), and nigga, whatever you do, thou shalt not even look like you
want to stick a white woman, or we gon lynch yo black ass. You here
me, nigga?"
.
"Oh yes, Massa. We know dat! But Massa, I thought you said thou shalt not kill?"
.
"Dat means people, fool - real people! Dat don't go for niggas. God
wants us to keep you in yo place."
.
"Dat's right, Massa. We sho gotta keep niggas in dey place. No tellin'
what a happen if we let dese niggas git loose. God so smart."
.
"I said shut up, nigga, and listen to the word."
.
"The next thing you got to learn is, whatever happens on this
plantation is God's will bein' done. And if you listen to me, you'll
get to live like I do when you die and go to Heaven."
."Live like you, massa? A nigga ain't got no business livin' dat good.
What a Po nigga like me gon do with all this? You know I ain't got
sense enough to run nothin' like this."
.
"Just shut up, nigga!" When you dead you gon get some sense - the lord
gon give it to you. The Lord can do anything, even give sense to a
nigga. And he gon give you all the other niggas you gon need to help
you in the fields, too."
.
"Massa, you so good to me! Thank you for tellin' me all dis. I'm gon
be a good nigga - the best nigga you ever seened. Look, I'm gon pray
for you right now, and thank the Lord for givin' me so good a massa."
.
"Shut up and get up off your knees, ya dumb nigga! The fields need
tendin'! You pray to the Lord on your own time. God don't won't you
talkin' to him when you s'pose to be workin'."
.
"A couse, Massa. What I been thinkin'? I's so dumb. I don't know why
you put up with me, Sir."
.
"How many times I got to tell you to shut the hell up, nigga?"
.
"Yes Sir, I's a shuttin', Massa. I's a shuttin', right now."
.
"Now get yo ass out there in that field and let's get some work done
around here . . . Oh, and Toby, have yo woman meet me in the barn. I
need to tell her 'bout the Lord too."
.
"Yes sir, Massa."
.
"And another thing, Toby, if my momma come a lookin', tell her I'm
playin' in my tree house."
.
"Why you gon go fibbin' to yo momma, Mr. Tommy? She knows you like to
sit wit Lou Ann."
.
"Just shut up, nigga, and do what I said! And tell Lou Ann to wear
that pretty dress I like, cause we gon be talkin' 'bout the Lord, so
it's gon be like chuch."
.
"Yes Sir, Mr. Tommy."
.
. . . "Whaaaaaaat a friend we have in Jeeeeesus . . ."
.
We’ll never move forward until we tear ourselves away from this kind of brainwashed mentality.
.
Eric L. Wattree
wattree.blogspot.com
.
Religious bigotry: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does.





Sphere: Related Content