Tuesday, August 28, 2018

ABOUT GOD, MAN, AND THE UNIVERSE

Beneath the Spin * Eric L. Wattree 

ABOUT GOD, MAN, AND THE UNIVERSE
.
THE FACE OF GOD
In spite of the fact that I was raised to be a Christian, I never go to church, because even as a kid I couldn’t buy into talkin’ snakes, and all of man's other attempts to introduce me to Mother Goose.  I wanted to believe it, because I was taught that if I didn’t the Bogey Man was gonna get me. But try as I might, the common sense that God bestowed upon me wouldn't allow it. God would always whisper in my ear,  “No, my child - you don't have to embrace nonsense to prove your love for my creation."
.
So I was faced with a dilemma - was I going to have "faith" in the word of man, or follow the common sense that God was whispering in my ear?  He then went on to whisper that if “Satan” didn’t need to write a book to get man to do his bidding, why would God? Was Satan more powerful than God?  So when I began to think about these things, and then looked at the preacher standing there all decked out in his fancy sharkskin fugadoo suit, there was no contest. So at 14 years old I left the church, just like I left the sandbox when I was 7,  and never looked back. And it was on that day I cut out the middleman.  I completely dropped man as my translator of the will of God, and I establish my own relationship with the creator. And from that day until this, I've been free. I've been free to think clearly, and unencumbered by the shackles of stupidity.
.
Yes, so, from that day forward it became just me and God, and without any ignorant translator trying to indoctrinate me into believing the ridiculously superstitions of 3000 year-old dead men. And I was freed in another way as well - I was freed from the selfishness and greed of man, because God doesn't beg. You see, God doesn't need money, so unlike man he doesn't have to lie to you to get it. Man uses religious books to try to put his own words in God's mouth. That's why there are so many of them.  Again, there are over 4200 different religions on Earth, and they all claim to speak for God. Man will say, for example, "God wants you to give me 10% of everything you earn, plus a Love offering and a Building fund - See, he said it right here in chapter 5."  But the fact is, God doesn't want your money, man does. It's right out of the book of "Trick Baby," written by Iceberg Slim.
.
It's only man's tremendous ego that makes him think that God is fixated on him. In that regard he's a lot like Donald Trump - he thinks the entire universe revolves around him. But actually, in terms of the universe and creation as a whole, man is no more significant than a germ under a toilet seat in Uzbekistan. God made them both, and with equal precision.
.
So today, many years later, I sit out in my backyard and worship the wonders of God in awe every single night. I look out at the night sky and gaze upon what seems to be a completely silent universe at complete rest. But due to my decision to follow knowledge instead of the word of man, I know better. I know that the Earth is rotating at 1000 MPH, and it’s orbiting around the Sun at 67,000 MPH. I also know that the Sun is orbiting the galaxy at 515,000 MPH, and it takes the Sun 230 million years to orbit just one time around our galaxy. And if that’s not amazing enough, it’s not the whole story. I know that our galaxy is hurling through the universe at 1.3 Million MPH, and it’s 100,000 light years across, so if I could travel at 186,000 miles per SECOND, it would take me 100,000 years to cross it. I also know that within the universe our galaxy represents only one grain of sand on all of the beaches and deserts on the planet Earth, and  there are over 200 Billion galaxies just like our own in just that minuscule sliver of the universe that we can see with man’s weak and feeble technology. 
.
Yet, in spite of all that, I’m routinely insulted by delusional idiots who get all dressed up in flamboyant robes and try to insist that they know what’s on God’s mind, even as they molest thousands of children, rob the poor of a 10th of their earnings, and support every manner of bigotry, hatred and mayhem on Earth. And here’s the incredible part - because I refuse to embrace the superstitious cave-dwelling pronouncements of these cretins over the mind that the creator of the universe bestowed up me, they call ME a heathen!!! They insist that God wants me to ignore the mind that he took such great pains to bestow upon me, and believe in talkin' snakes instead.  Go figure it.
.
What such people fail to understand is much as man likes to think of himself as special, he’s not the center of the universe. He's simply drenched in delusional narcissism. In terms of the universe, what man considers the universe may be no more than a speck of dust under the toenail of some gigantic being who’s a part of an even greater universe. So in the larger scheme of reality, man is no more significant than a germ under a toilet seat in Uzbekistan. God created them both with equal precision.  I know these things, so man can spare me his tales of walkin’ dead men, talkin’ snakes, and all of his other forms Voodoo.  
.
ABOUT GOD, FAITH, AND “ANOINTED” MEN
.
Christians are always talking about how the Bible is “the word of God.” That’s ridiculous. God doesn’t write books, he doesn’t have to. When God speaks to you, he speaks to you directly, through your mind, your heart, and your conscience. That’s why he created you with these things, and he doesn’t make mistakes. He didn’t create you requiring a Users Guide any more than he created birds requiring a calendar and a compass to know when to fly south, or a text telling whales that they had to come up for air. God created all things with everything they needed to live a successful and Godly life - even plants. So why does man require a User's Guide?  The fact is, he doesn't. And another thing, if Satan doesn't have to write a book to get you to do his will, why would God?  Is Satan more powerful than God?
.
So what Christians refer to as the "Word of God" is actually the word of man. He uses it to control other men. He uses it to say, "God wants you to give me a 10% cut out of everything you make; see, he says right here." The "Holy Bible" is a scam that was compiled by Pope Damasus I nearly 400 years after the death of Jesus, and they didn't put anything in it that the Pope disagreed with - In fact, back then you could be tortured and killed for even saying anything he disagreed with. If God wrote a book it would be filled with truth. It would tell you that snakes don't talk, dead men don't walk, and no woman has EVER had a baby without having sex. But God didn't have to say that, because he DEMONSTRATED it by what he has done. And consider this - according to the Bible God didn't even speak to anybody that wasn’t a White male. Open it up and try to find St. Willie, St. Debbie, or St. Chong. You won't find them, because the Bible is the word of the White man, and it was written to keep you in your place.
.
GOD
.
God has absolutely nothing to do with religion. Religion is the "word of man," not God. So anyone who chooses to believe in walking dead men and talking snakes over the common sense that was bestowed upon them by nature (God), has chosen to give the word of man priority over God.
.
God is whatever force, entity, or process that’s responsible for what we refer to as existence. So if we exist, God exists, regardless of whether God is a he, she, it, or the universe itself.  When the concept of God is viewed from that perspective, simple logic suggests that the mere fact that we’re here to even question God’s existence, proves God’s existence. That’s all we know about God, and that’s all we NEED to know.
.
FAITH
.
One doesn’t HAVE to have “faith” in God. Just look up at the night sky and you have an entire universe to attest to his existence. You only have to have “faith” in the words of man, because that’s all he has to bring to the table - words.
.
Man can only know God by what God has done, and to show you just how meaningless the concept of faith is to God, try getting on your knees on a railroad track in front of an oncoming train and use your “faith” to pray that God stops the train before it hits you. If you test your faith in that manner you’ll end up dog food, because God made birds to fly, fish to swim, and man to THINK. So he did his part when he gave you a brain; the rest is up to you. The very same thing is true when you have “faith” in the words of ANY man. God didn’t bless you with your own mind so you can let another man think for you - or even tell you how to think. God didn’t “anoint” ANY man to speak for him. Such men anoint themselves to rip you off. Clear evidence of that is that it ALWAYS boils down to money with these men, but God doesn’t need money.  When YOU are in need these so-called “anointed men” tell you to “pray on it,” but when THEY are in need, they pass you a collection plate.

ABOUT EXPLAINING AWAY MY COMMON SENSE
.
A guy name Anthony contacted me after reading the above and said the following:
.
Eric, you are so lost.
.
You were raised in the Christian religion which is not the actual doctrine, philosophy, ideology nor practice of the Messiah. It is rather the watered down, white-washed, oppressive version with enough displaced, twisted and misplaced to control the masses. Just because you could not believe a serpent would talk, that did not mean it did not happen. If you are using your reasoning as a child to understand the mysteries of scripture, you were in fact lost from the word Go.
.
You have bits and pieces of data all lumped together and you are trying to make sense of it all but in doing so, you are missing the truth completely. I would love to answer and correct you point by point but I am not going to type all that tonight. Feel free to contact me via brainstormonline@yahoo.com for the facts and the truth that you are missing. You have not even scratched the surface in this article. And know this, I deal in hard evidence, facts and verifiable truth. You are very much in error throughout your article.
I challenge you to contact me. Leave a phone number on my email and I will call you.


RESPONSE
Anthony,
.
The minute you said, “Just because you could not believe a serpent would talk, that did not mean it did not happen,” I wrote you off as a mindless lunatic. I can’t even begin to take anyone seriously who ignores common sense. If you have more “faith” in the word of man - that snakes can talk - than you do in the common sense that God (Nature) took great pains to bestow upon you, you believe in man, not God.
.
What kind of fool doesn’t have sense enough to realize that snakes don’t talk, dead men don’t walk, and you can’t get two of everything on Earth on one ship - everything from the smallest insects to largest elephants? The weight of the shit alone would sink the boat. And another thing - how long would it have taken Noah to gather up two of everything on Earth in the first place, and where in the hell is he gonna find two kangaroos in the Middle East!!!?  The Bible said God brought them, but that’s nonsense; why don’t we see anything like that today?  And why was God only focused on the Middle East - what about Africa, Asia, and other places around the world? So let's just call your brand of "enlightenment" that you're so anxious to "explain" to me just what it is - pure, unadulterated, bullshit.
.
So spare me your offer to “explain” away my common sense.  I left the church to get away from people like you, because I was convinced, even as a child, that ignorance is contagious - and since I don’t believe in Mother Goose, I need my common sense to survive.  
.
And finally, people like yourself are the very antithesis of my mission in life. I’ve dedicated my life to teaching Black people to distance themselves from people like you, because you’ve obviously been completely robbed of your mind, and as such, you play a major role in holding Black people down. Black people will only thrive through the pursuit of knowledge, not stupidity. So your offer to “instruct me” is not only grossly ridiculous, but laughable. Even Donald Trump has sense enough to know that snakes don’t talk, and they never did, no matter what the White man told you.
.

Eric L. Wattree
.
Religious bigotry: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does.

Sphere: Related Content