Sunday, June 21, 2020

A MESSAGE TO EUVONNE ON THE POWER OF HATRED

Beneath the Spin*Eric L. Wattree
EXCELLENCE IS THE KEY TO BLACK EQUALITY
.
A MESSAGE TO EUVONNE ON THE POWER OF HATRED
.
I never thought I could hate a person like I hate Donald Trump. I'm literally LIVING on my hatred of him. I'm obsessed with it. He doesn’t care that the people who are about to come to his rally may catch a deadly disease and take it home to their family and friends, all he cares about is what’s in the interest of Donald Trump.
.
Due to his all-consuming  selfishness, I can’t stand even hearing his voice.  I go to bed every night thinking about how much I hate him, and I wake up every morning anxious to see if any bad news has befallen him. But in spite of that, I don’t want anybody to physically harm him, because that would deprive me of seeing him rotting in prison in total humiliation. That’s the way I want to see him – broke, hopeless, and totally humiliated.
.
But now I hear from Euvonne with her well-worn message of “always keeping love in your heart”. Lady, I don't want to hear that flower-child bullshit. I hate Trump's ass, and there ain't nothing I love more than wallowing in it. That philosophy you're espousing is why they have their foot in our ass in the first place. And besides, your opinion is merely your opinion. Everyone doesn't think like you. I'm me, not you, and I believe in facing reality and following truth wherever it leads - and that reality leads directly to my hatred of Donald Trump. So to try to deny it would be trying to lie to myself, and why would I want to lie about hating Trump, especially, since it feels so good?
.
I’ve always found intense hatred to be a powerful motivator; it contributes to my personal development, and actually, it brings me a certain kind of joy in anticipation of its outcome. In fact, the primary reason I'm an educated adult today is due to my hatred of the people who looked down their nose at me when I was a teenager. I hated their asses, because they were in a position of authority and thought they could look down on me and treat me with condescension because of who I was, and not because I was simply poorly educated. So I set out on a journey to show their asses who I really was. As a result of that journey, now they have to look down at their feet when they talk to me, instead of the reverse. I love that, and it's all due to my constructive response to intense hatred.
.
So my experience in life clearly demonstrates that hatred doesn't have to be a negative force. If we relegate nonsense like demons and talking snakes to the trash heap where they belong, it becomes clear that God created hatred just like he did love, and they both serve a useful purpose. Hatred is not stimulated by demons. There's no such thing as demons. What we refer to as "evil" is simply ignorance, and what hatred is, is a God-created, natural response to adversity. So we shouldn't fight it. We should embrace it. 
.
Hatred can be a powerful force - even more powerful than love - if used in a proper and constructive manner. But it's such a passionate force that the first thing we must learned in pursuit of the constructive use of hatred is to keep it under strict control by remaining focused, keeping your primary objective in mind, and not expecting everyone to think and act like we do. A failure in that regard can lead to misguided aggression. The second thing we must learn is, no one corners the market on either knowledge, wisdom, or intellect, so just because we connect the dots in a given way doesn't necessarily mean that's the ONLY way the dots can be connected. So, we must learned to always respect the thought processes of other serious thinkers (unless they're obviously ridiculous, of course). Intellectuals are not in competition. They are a fellow travelers in pursuit of uncommon knowledge, so what one doesn't know, the other might. So it's important that we educate one another in order to help each another achieve our various objectives.
.
So, Euvonne, in my opinion you would benefit greatly from learning the lessons immediately above, because one of the most tenacious problems we have in the world today is reflected in your attitude. You seem to think that there's something fundamentally dysfunctional about anyone who doesn't look, think, and act like yourself. That's exactly what I hate about the mindset of many conservatives. It's called closed-mindedness. While I'm sure you might say that my refusal to listen to your advice is also closed-minded, there are two problems with that argument - your advice was philosophical in nature, and it was unsolicited. If I thought I required your philosophy of life I would have asked you for it. So I suggest you learn to mind your own goddamn business and let others worry about what "consumes their heart".
.
You later told me you were done, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was, you should never have gotten started in the first place.
.
Eric L. Wattree

Ewattree@Gmail.com
BLACK WRITERS, INTELLECTUALS, AND INDEPENDENT THINKERS
.
Religion: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does. 



Sphere: Related Content