Monday, January 13, 2020

CHASING THE DOLLAR

Beneath the Spin*Eric L. Wattree

EXCELLENCE IS THE KEY TO BLACK EQUALITY
.
CHASING THE DOLLAR

.

Gustavo Escanelle  said, “Prince [Harry] had everything, castle, title, money, fame, what else could go wrong? We shall see, bad call on his part.”
.
In response, I don't think so, Gustavo. You left out the most important thing in life - happiness. Prince Harry has just proven himself to be a REAL prince. I know that I look at him a lot differently, because he's proven himself to have character and class. On the other hand, all the stuff you listed are purely superficial. What Prince Harry has done is the stuff that fairytales are made of. This is a real-life Prince Charming, sweeping his Black princess off her feet, saying to hell with what anyone thinks, and riding off into the sunset with the love of his life. Nothing could be more beautiful.
.
This is one of those moments in world history that will serve as a metaphor for what all of our lives should be, and I guarantee you that a movie is going to be made about this episode of love and devotion, and for centuries to come, people will be talking about this beautiful love story.  From this day forward, Prince Harry will always be remembered as the world’s most admired prince, because he’s carried himself like one.

.
And with regard to what he’s given up, he’s gained much more than he’s lost. I've spent all of my adult life loving my family and pursuing knowledge and happiness. As a result, I've developed skills that people are willing to pay me to utilize on their behalf. Attorneys call me and offer to share a third of their fees to do legal research and brief writing for them, and I do many other things. I don't even know how much money I have in the bank. I received a $20,000 check last week and threw it in a filing cabinet, because as long as when I need money the ATM spits out the cash, it doesn't matter how much I have in the bank. But today is my daughter birthday, so what matters is, I can put a smile on her face, and my granddaughter is a Jackson State, and I can help her to focus on studying to become a doctor instead of worrying about money. 


People waste their entire lives chasing a dollar. That keeps them from enjoying their lives and family in the moment, and in the end it doesn't make them any happier, unless their idea of happiness is trying to impress others with what they can buy. But in the final analysis, while they can go out and buy a mansion, they can only live in one room at a time. So the only way they're really gonna be happy is to make themselves better and more knowledgeable than they were yesterday. We should cut out trying to impress all the middle-men and impress ourselves. That's who we're really after in the first place. Everything we do - including trying to impress others - we do to try to make ourselves feel better about who you are.
.
Once, after a case came in, I had my daughter take me to a car lot and I bought a brand-new Escalade truck, in cash (for the most part). But I wasn't any happier when I drove off in it than I was when we entered the car lot. That taught me a valuable lesson in life, and I never forgot it. Yeah, all of my "friends" were impressed by my pearl white Esclade, but they weren't doin' shit for me, so why should I care about trying to impress them? All it did was kept phonies grinnin' in my face. I needed to be trying to impress myself - and that's exactly what I do today. 
 
.
I learned that we should simply gather enough money to be comfortable and not have to live from hand to mouth. Thereafter, we should focus on intellectual development and being happy. Because life flies by, and if we spend it chasing a dollar, we'll look back one day and realize that we’ve never taken the time to enjoy the life we’ve been given. So if you really want to enjoy your life, take the time to enjoy it, and not spend all your money trying to live a lie to impress others. Because in time, the money you save just living a casual and laid-back life instead of trying to impress others can, in itself, make you rich. 
.
And in that regard, who do you think is happiest, Donald Trump, with all of his alleged money, or Barack Obama? Think about that. Trump would do anything to be as brilliant, and as loved and respected as Obama, that's why he's always trying to compare himself to him. But he'll never be able to compete with Obama, because Barack has spent his entire life perfecting himself. So the difference between him and Dubious Donald is hugely apparent. In fact, if Michelle decided to run for president, Trump wouldn't have a chance, because even many Republicans would vote to get knowledge, common sense, and class back into the White House. Because NOTHING impresses people like knowledge and character - not even money – and Prince Harry has clearly demonstrated that he has both. So I wish him, his son, and his beautiful princess, much happiness.
.

Eric L. Wattree
Http://wattree.blogspot.com
Ewattree@Gmail.com
BLACK WRITERS, INTELLECTUALS, AND INDEPENDENT THINKERS
.
Religion: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does. 


Sphere: Related Content