Monday, October 12, 2020

I’M A GREAT GRANDDAD!

Beneath the Spin*Eric L. Wattree 

EXCELLENCE IS THE KEY TO BLACK EQUALITY 


I’M A GREAT GRANDDAD! 


VAL IS BACK! 

. 

It was the middle of the night when my dawn turned bright, 

With a message on my phone. 

It was short and sweet, but meant to be, 

Saying Val had arrived back home. 

. 

I wasn’t surprised, for I’d realized,  

that she’d left before her time,   

It was the will of God to impart wisdom to her soul,  

 and help her loved ones survive. 

. 

So now she’s back, all fresh and new,  

with tremendous knowledge to lay on you. 

The wisdom of God has been bestowed, 

Now Valdie is back to lighten our load.  

. 
Keep an eye on her, Kai, because you’re looking at Val, and our hands are gonna be full. 

Welcome back, Nani 

 
Eric L. Wattree  

. 

Kai, your mother and I had a discussion about life after death, and we promised one another that if there’s life after death, whichever one of us died first would return and let the other one know. Well, Val is keeping her promise. Baby Valdie (Aubri) is the first female child in the family since Val’s death. And while, as you know, I don’t believe in religious Voodoo, I do believe there are things in the universe that we don’t understand, and I’m convinced that this is one of them.  
. 
Me and Val started going together when she was 14 years old, and we were married for 34 years before she died, and when I first laid eyes on that baby, something inside of me said, that’s Val. I know it sounds crazy, and you don’t have to believe me, but that baby is Val. I’m convinced of it. I don’t know how I know, but I do, because our souls are meshed. Just watch. As she gets older you’re gonna be able to see it in her personality – and take a close look at that cute little nose.  
. 
Remember where you heard it first, because I assure you, this is not the last time the subject is gonna come up. The first words that’s gonna come out of that baby’s mouth is probably gonna be, “Paaaartay!” So, you might as well go out and buy her a natural wig now. The world’s about to have its hands full, because Val is back! 



 Poppi 


Eric L. Wattree 

Ewattree@Gmail.com 
BLACK WRITERS, INTELLECTUALS, AND INDEPENDENT THINKERS 
. 
Religion: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does.  

 

Sphere: Related Content